Air Cargo Management
Student age between 17 and 25 years of age are eligible to apply for the course. He/ she should be 12th pass and above, having a pleasing personality and good communication skills. The selection will be completely based on the performance in the personal interviews.
Operating procedures in the air cargo field may seem complex in terms of the methods used for handling the transport of goods by air. The Diploma provides you with cargo management knowledge and skills to master these procedures, leading to a more efficient working environment. Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures for air freight shipments.
- Arrange air cargo shipments in accordance with IATA rules and procedures.
- Apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments.
- Complete air waybills accurately.
- Prepare shipments ready for carriage.
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and their DGR categories.
- Pack-mark- label dangerous goods.
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods.
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged package is discovered.