Hospitality And Travel Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Travel and Hospitality Management prepares students in several sectors of the tourism and hospitality industry, including transportation, marketing, management, and food and lodging. Students in the program primarily focus on the administration, budgeting, and marketing side of tourist facilities and destinations, which include resorts, convention centers, hotels, cruises, tourism, and airlines.
Candidates will undergo both classroom training and internships. Combination of comprehensive learning experience complemented with field trips, guest sessions by eminent tourism professionals, that will help to build knowledge and connect theory and practice. The internship allows you to capitalise and gain tangible work experience future employers look for when hiring. This program prepares you for the management career of the next generation of global leaders.
Eligibility & Course Duration
Graduates in any stream or students in the final year of graduation can apply for the course. The course duration will be for full time for 1 year inclusive of internship.
Post Graduates can work in both the private and public sectors. Within the private sector, career options include different roles within the hotel and travel industry, conference facilities, leisure and health resorts. Within the public sector, graduates can work for authorities and institutions that are responsible for the promotion of tourism destination.
- The knowledge and skills required to play a leading role in the travel and tourism related service industries.
- A critical awareness of travel and tourism’s roles in business, the environment and sustainability.
- Advanced study of travel and tourism and facilitates progression, both academic and vocational, by means of developing intellectual capabilities, knowledge, key personnel and transferable skills and a capacity for independent and lifelong learning.
- Skills that will enable work across diverse sectors of the tourism industry.
- Modules to develop cultural skills, negotiation and communication skills, combined with the ability to develop and market a product.
- Improved employment opportunities in an industry that needs professionals with varied and developed skills. Maximize your potential, improve your management skills with the help for industry case studies, challenging simulation programs and hands-on, practical training.
- Tips and techniques of conversational English & Hindi
- Computer Fundamentals(MS Office)
- Grooming and fitness
- Personality development
- Hospitality management
- Air travel reservation
- Travel port Galileo Computerized reservation system
- F& B operations
- Customer Service management
- Front office management
- Housekeeping management
- World geography
- Industry visits
- On the job training.